To understand and be understood is essential for living a full and meaningful life.
TEAM COMMITMENT TO QUALITY SERVICE, CARING, AND INNOVATION
The Speech-Language Pathologists and Communication Disorders Assistants at S.L. HUNTER SPEECHWORKS are committed to providing thorough, quality, evidence-based assessment and treatment. As such, we regularly participate in continuing education opportunities to make sure that our knowledge and skills are up-to-date with current standards of practice. Some of these opportunities include:
• Post Graduate Course in Cognitive-Communication Disorders – Level 1 & 2
• Fluency Plus
• Dysphagia in the Elderly: Current Research & Best Practice
• Technology/Apps Workshop
• Acoustic and Aerodynamic Instrumentation Workshop
• The Eastern Workshop: Cognitive Approaches to Working with People Who Stutter
In addition to continuing education opportunities many of our staff are members of a number of voluntary organizations that promote the profession and advocate for client needs/services. Some of these organizations include:
• The Ontario Association of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists (OSLA)
• Auto Insurance Interest Group
• Ontario Brain Injury Association
• Alliance of Canadian Medical Rehabilitation Professionals
• Ontario Association for Families of Children with Communication Disorders
Each year our staff members participate in a clinic retreat geared at improving team work and personal skills. The lessons learned in compassion, trust, team work, collaboration, proficiency, assertiveness, and confidence allow us to function as highly efficient and collaborative therapists and team members, making us the ideal people to advocate for and support our clients while navigating the complex and stressful world of rehabilitation. These retreats also provide our staff with an opportunity to talk with one another, sharing ideas and knowledge in order to increase our therapeutic repertoire. Further, we regularly invite creators/publishers of up-and-coming assessment and treatment materials to speak at these retreats in order to keep us up to date with the latest developments in service provision.
Sign up and receive helpful information for your care or the care of your loved one.
Follow us on your favourite social media sites. Keep up to date with all our latest services, special events and new resources!