Full-Time - Permanent
S. L. Hunter SpeechWorks is looking for another dynamic and collaborative Speech-Language Pathologists to join our diversely experienced team in Burlington, ON. Our agency has been providing SLP services to the GTA, Halton and Niagara regions since 1995; we are passionate about providing speech, language, communication and swallowing services to the children and adults in our community and are excited to welcome another clinician to our team.
The successful candidate will provide assessment, treatment and consultation services to a diverse caseload working predominantly with the pediatric populations; there will also be opportunities to work with adolescent and adult clients. After school/early evening hours are required based on client scheduling needs.
Each of our clinical team members are presented with the opportunity to participate in our northern initiative - in our partnership with the Sioux Lookout First Nations Health Authority. We are eager for COVID-19 travel restrictions to lift so that we can resume our monthly in person visits to our clients in Northern Ontario.
Our team encourages and fosters creative approaches to service delivery. We are a passionate and cohesive team, creating a positive workplace experience that is ever-evolving and challenging, allowing for ongoing personal and professional growth and development.
Applicants will hold the following:
- Master’s Degree in Speech-Language Pathology
- Registration with CASLPO
- Minimum of 3 years clinical experience preferred
- Superior assessment and intervention skills
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively as part of a team both intra- and interagency
- Strong pediatric experience in the areas of fluency, motor speech, autism, developmental delays and swallowing are preferred
- Experience with voice and resonance disorders is preferred
- Experience and/or knowledge in the area of accent modification is an asset
- Persons of First Nations ancestry are strongly encouraged to apply
- Access to transportation with a valid Ontario driver’s license and adequate liability insurance
This is a full-time permanent, salaried position with paid vacation time.
Initial application deadline: November 1st, 2021. Applications will be considered beyond that date if the optimal candidate has not yet been secured.
Interested candidates are invited to email a resume and cover letter to:
Shanda L. Hunter-Trottier
S. L. Hunter SpeechWorks
4B-5195 Harvester Road
Burlington, ON L7L 6E9
Phone: (905) 637-5522
Fax: (905) 637-4995
Email: [email protected]
Please note that only those who are offered an interview will be contacted
S. L. Hunter SpeechWorks welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Interested in becoming a volunteer with us? Click here to find out more.