Full-Time or Part-Time
S. L. Hunter SpeechWorks is looking for an additional dynamic and collaborative Speech-Language Pathologist to join our diversely experienced team at our Burlington, ON location on a full-time or part-time basis. The successful candidate will provide assessment, treatment and consultation services to a varied caseload with opportunities to work with pediatric, adolescent and adult clients. After school and evening hours are required based on client scheduling needs.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to participate in our northern initiative, where our team flies in on a monthly basis to provide SLP services to Ontarians in an underserviced region of our province.
There is opportunity to foster creativity and passion in finding unique ways to service populations through creation of new and exciting initiatives. In this way, clinical and workplace experience will be ever-evolving and challenging, allowing for ongoing personal and professional growth and development!
Our agency has been providing SLP services to the GTA, Halton and Niagara regions since 1995; we are passionate about providing speech, language, communication and swallowing services to the children and adults in our community and are excited to welcome another clinician to our team.
Applicants will hold the following:
- Master’s Degree in Speech-Language Pathology
- Registration with CASLPO
- Minimum of 3 years clinical experience
- Strong pediatric experience in the areas of fluency, motor speech, autism, developmental delays and swallowing are an asset
- Specific experience with the brain injured population in areas of speech, cognitive-communication, as well as swallowing are an asset
- Superior assessment and intervention skills
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively as part of a team both intra and interagency
- Access to transportation with a valid Ontario driver’s license and adequate liability insurance
This is a salaried position; paid vacation time and a health benefit package.
Initial application deadline: Monday March 18th. Applications will be considered beyond that date if the optimal candidate has not yet been secured.
Interested candidates are invited to email a resume and cover letter to:
Shanda L. Hunter-Trottier
S. L. Hunter SpeechWorks
4B-5195 Harvester Road
Burlington, ON L7L 6E9
Phone: (905) 637-5522
Fax: (905) 637-4995
Email: [email protected]
Please note that only those who are offered an interview will be contacted
S. L. Hunter SpeechWorks welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Interested in becoming a volunteer with us? Click here to find out more.