Accent Modification Training
What is Accent Modification Training?
Accent modification involves lessening the intensity of a regional or first-language accent when speaking English. The treatment involves four steps:
The goal of accent modification is not to erase the accent completely, but rather to make sure it doesn’t prevent a person from clearly communicating with confidence in a variety of settings.
Accent modification programs can be beneficial for those people who find their accent is holding them back in the workplace or who are struggling to learn the slang or “lingo” of social conversation in English.
How Can We Help?
Our sessions can improve pronunciation, grammar, sentence structure and semantics.
Benefits from receiving accent modification sessions include:
- Increased ability to be understood by others
- Increased confidence when speaking in English in a variety of settings such as in the workplace or with friends
- Increased ability to understand English
- Increased ability to be understood on the phone and during presentations
- Ability to enjoy communication in a variety of settings without worrying about your pronunciation
Who can we help?
Accent modification can assist any individual looking to lessen the intensity of their first- language accent. We have helped people in the following professional fields as well as those who are interested in modifying their accents for personal reasons:
- Sales and marketing
- Clergy and priests
- Motivational speakers
- TV and radio broadcasters
Contact us today to find out more!
We would be delighted to discuss our programming with your further and determine how we can assist you during this challenging time. We are available to discuss options by phone (905-379-1261) or email.